or Mau hos, 'the glaring Beast,' or Lion in the sculptures, and the name
Motet. His worship was probably introduced about the period of the JEthi-
opian dynasty, the 25th, which invaded Egypt and brought his worship from
Deboud and Shendy, of which he was the local lord, and said to be ' strong-
armed.' He is sometimes represented holding a sword. [Caylus. Tom. iv. PI.
v. 1. PI. vii. 4—6.] Plinth § up back behind, pierced. If in. long. Bark
277. Rectangular slab, on which in relief is a triad composed of Horus,
Isis and Nephthys. Har-pa-^rat or Harpocrates, son of Osiris and Isis, stands
full face, naked, wearing the twisted spiral lock of hair at the right side of
his head. At his right side is Nebta, or Nephthys, walking, draped, holding
Harpocrates by her left hand. Nephthys wears her name and emblem on
her head. On the other side of Harpocrates is Isis, walking, draped like Isis,
but wearing on her head the throne her emblem, also walking, full face, hold-
ing her hands pendent, her right taking that of Harpocrates. It is of fine
work, and, like most of these little slabs, about the time of the 26th dynasty.
At the back is a ring; these little slabs having been used as pectoral plates
suspended from the neck of the mummy, or introduced and worked in with
the bugles and other objects of the outer network. \\ in. high. Light-blue
278. Similar slab, with Harpocrates between Isis and Nephthys ; behind, a
reeded ring. 1| in. high. Blue porcelain.
279. Similar slab, with Harpocrates between Isis and Nephthys, but round
above like a tablet, hut. in. high. Light-blue porcelain.
280. Similar slab, rounded above, and ring. If in. high. Blue porcelain.
281. Similar slab, but rectangular, f in. high. Bluish-green porcelain.
282. Similar slab, rounded above. in. high. Bluish-green porcelain.
283. Similar slab as before, the figures touch hands, above is a reeded ring.
1| in. high. Grayish-blue porcelain.
284. Similar slab, with Harpocrates between Isis and Nephthys, coarse and
indistinct work; ring above. 1 in. high. Light-blue porcelain.
285. Similar slab, the hands of the figure join, above, a ring. in. high.