778. Rectangle; on it, in intaglio, ( ^ J a her nefer, "Oh good face," i.e.
Ptah, as before ; on the reverse Mentu Ea, the god, hawk-headed, draped, walking,
holding a sceptre; before him, J J, nefer hesu t, "good and praised." fin.
long. White glazed steatite.
779. Hedgehog, or rat, on the base, in intaglio, D |, Ptah, name of the
god Ptah, the Egyptian Hephaistos or Vulcan, and one of the demiurgi, creator
of the Sun and Moon, according to the Memphitic tradition first of the eight
gods of the first rank or circle, pierced, f in. long. Green glazed steatite.
780. Scarabseus, yeiper, plain elytra, on the base, in intaglio, Q * Ptah neb
ma, "Ptah, lord of the cubit," or "truth," name and title of the god Ptah.
% in. long. Blue glazed steatite.
781. Scarabseus, xePer> plain elytra; on the base, in intaglio, Q^ "Ptahhetpt,"
proper name, pierced. £ in. long. Green glazed steatite.
782. Scarabsous, xePer> plain elytra; on the base, in intaglio, J H Ptah neb
nefer, " Ptah, the good lord," name and title of Ptah the Hephaistos or Vulcan :
it is of the period of the 18th dynasty, pierced. \ in. long. Green glazed steatite.
783. Rectangular amulet, on one side, in intaglio, the god Ptah, or
Vulcan, seated, on the reverse (j ™ Amen Ra, name of that god, here allied
with that of Ptah, the eponymous deity of Memphis, fin. long. Bluish glazed
784. Scarabseus, ye.'per, elytra ; divided by three lines, standing on an oval
base, on which 9 jj^p dnx maui, " The living ca," title of Bast: pierced, f in.
long. Dark blue glass.
785. Scarabseus, xeVGr> no elytra; on the base, in intaglio, \ — \ Amen ra
neb ras, "Amen Ea, lord of the South" or "upper country," symbolized by
the bud of the lotus, f in. long. Green glazed steatite.