122 objects of the toilet.
surmounted by the ^ ^e
5th dynasty, a symbol, nub, gold, and two nefer, or goodness: pierced. f in. ^ ^
long. Green glazed steatite. ' , \ R<
o |( Hi")
927. Scarabseus, xePer> plain elytra; on the base, in intaglio, J -Ra ne/er ^ ^
U , rf, ^
&a, prenomen of Nefer ka ra, or Nephercheres, a king of the 6th dynasty :
piei'ced. tj,-in. long. Green glazed steatite.
928. Amulet, or pendant, in shape of a cartouche, J
disk of the Sun, and two plumes, or ostrich feathers, on it; the name Ra
nefer ka, or Nephercheres, a king of the 6th dynasty, Lepsius, Konigsbuch,
Taf. vi. No. 30 ; or else the prenomen of Shabak, or Sabaco, of the 25th
dynasty ; probably from the material of which it is made the last mentioned
monarch, Lepsius, loc. cit. Taf. xlvii. 629; behind, a bust, or plinth: pierced.
lj in. long. Blue porcelain.
929. Scarabseus, yeper > on the base, in intaglio, ^ 00 (j (j Ra neb xeps'i,
" Sun, lord of strength," prenomen of a monarch named Pepi, not the Pepi of
the 6th dynasty, probably one of the shepherd kings. Found on a fragment of
a vase of agate at Tel-el-Yahoudeh, or the Vicus Judseorum, now in the kfas
British Museum: pierced. \ in. long. White steatite.
930. Scarabseus, veper; on the base, in intaglio, 0 1 ? vertically, Suah i:',pierced
en ra, prenomen of a king before the 12th dynasty; found on the right side kikus
of the chamber of Karnak : pierced. # in. lon£. Blue qlazed steatite.
1 4 s J , pren
931. Scarabseus, xePer> plain elytra; on the base, in intaglio, 0 |j| Ra
nub xePer> or Nub xePer ra> prenomen of Antef IV., king of the 11th dynasty, k' aino
Lepsius, Konigsbuch, Taf. lxviii. No. 761, and Hawk, wearing the solar disk,
flying, holding a signet in its claws, emblem of Pa : pierced. •§ in. long. White
932. Scarabseus, xeVer> 110 elytra; on the base, in intaglio, Ra en ma,
prenomen of Amenemhat III., king of the 12th dynasty, in a cartouche, sur-
mounted by two plumes of the ostrich; above are the two symbolic eyes, ut'a,
1 Lepsius, Konigsb., Taf. VI. No. 30. ^