crown hut, emblem of the goddess Ne^eb or Nes'em, and the lower crown
tes'er, emblem of Uat, or Buto, and two other ura?i serpents: piei'ced.
long. Bluish-green glazed steatite.
973. ScarabcEus, xePcr> plam elytra; on the base, in intaglio, Rd men
Xeper, prenomen of Thothmes III., of the 18th dynasty ; a hieroglyph psc"| nub,
" gold," above and below, and two crowns of lower Egypt )J tes'er, indistinct;
pierced : § in. long. Dark reddish glazed steatite.
974. Scarabrous, ye'per, plain elytra; on the base, in intaglio,
Rd men xePer Amen tard, type of Amen, title and prenomen of
Thothmes III., king of the 18th dynasty, in a horizontal car-
touche, and the Hor of Horus of Edfu, and the Hut
or the winged
solar disk, with pendent urasi; fine work: pierced. -| in. long. Bluish-green
975. Nine rectangular amulets, probably pendants of a necklace, on each,
in intaglio, Rd men \eper, the prenomen of Thothmes III., in a horizontal
Pi .II MII T
cartouche; and below, (I _ ^ ^ ^ disposed vertically, Amen mer tser
mennu, "Ea> men xeper, prenomen of Thothmes III., king of the 18th
dynasty, beloved of Amen." Tser mennu is the name of one of the Temples
at Thebes built by this king: pierced. § in. long, £ m- wide. Bright blue
976. Three similar ovals, with same inscription. § in. long, f in. wide.
977. Half of a scarabseus, xePer> with plain elytra; on the base ends of
six horizontal lines of hieroglyphs,
en amen pa.
men xePer dmmd su.
tennu pa abut,
md uben Rd.
em pe Tahutimes.