Transcription - Display options
- Text: The transcription is formated and various display options are presented.
- TEI (XML): The source code for the transcription of the chosen page is presented (in so-called codex-based perspective).
- retain: Abbreviated words are presented in a writing style that most nearly reflects the handwritten form, and are marked lightly as corrections. When clicked, an information window appears with the expansion. In case several expansion options are possible, they will all appear in the information window.
- expand (marked): Abbreviations in abbreviated words are expanded and expanded word segments are presented in italics. When clicked, an information window provides details of the original spelling. In case there are several expanded variations only one is presented in the text. The presence of other possibilities is shown via the symbol . These options are displayed in the information window.
- only expand: Abbreviations in abbreviated words are expanded with no further notation. In case there are several expansion options, they are presented in a running list, each one separated by a slash.
- differentiate: In case the transcription presents varying differentiations of individual letters, (e.g. rounded or straight r, or i with or without a dot), these differentiations will be displayed.
- normalise: Differently transcribed letter forms are normalised.
- show all: All punctuation marks are presented.
- hide: Punctuattion marks are hidden.
- only original: Punctuation marks are presented as in the original text.
- only editor: Only punctuation marks of the editor are presented.
- Yes: For written manuscripts with two or more columns, all columns are displayed next to each other.
- No: For written manuscripts with two or more columns, the columns are displayed one beneath the other.