International studio — 39.1909/​1910(1910)

Page: LXXV
DOI issue: DOI article: DOI Page: Citation link: 
https://digi.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/diglit/international_studio39/0435
License: Free access  - all rights reserved Use / Order
0.5
1 cm
facsimile
In the Galleries

Courtesy o] Win. Macbeth

CHURCH ON THE HILL BY ALBERT P. LUCAS

IN THE GALLERIES
Among the notable exhibitions of the month
fthe group of paintings by Van Dyck, owned
by Mr. H. C. Frick and Mr. P. A. B. Widener,
shown at the Knoedler Galleries, afforded a most
unusual opportunity to the art public. Nine re-

markable portraits of the time of the painter's visit
to Genoa commanded attention, most of them not
before publicly exhibited. Five of the group were
from the Cattaneo Palace, in Genoa—the Canevari,
a three-quarter oval picture of a typical Italian gen-
tleman of the day; the Marchesa Giovanna Cattaneo,
an animated document of young womanhood; two

LXXV
loading ...